About Mrs. Melkerson

Hello!  I’m Mrs. Melkerson.  I live in Novelty with my husband and family.  I have a daughter named Micaela, a son named Trey, five bonus-sons (Ryan, Kevin, Brendon, & Preston), and a bonus-daughter (Ashley, not pictured).  I need an updated picture!  Preston is now a senior in high school at West Geauga, four are in college, and two are on their own now.  We also have two Aussiedoodle dogs, a cat, and a pond full of fish.

I began teaching in Mentor in 2000.  I’ve primarily been in first grade, but have also taught kindergarten, second grade, and worked as a literacy specialist.  My bachelor’s degree is in Christian Education and I worked in a private school before becoming a Cardinal!  I have a Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, an Education Specialist degree in Administration, a K-12 Reading Endorsement, and I am currently working on adding a Mild/Moderate Intervention Specialist Endorsement.  I look forward to working with and learning more about your child and family this year!