About Mrs. Melkerson

Hello!  I’m Mrs. Melkerson.  I live in Novelty with my husband and family.  I have a daughter (Micaela), a son (Trey), four bonus-sons (Ryan, Kevin, Brendon, & Preston), and a bonus-daughter (Ashley).  We also have two Aussiedoodle dogs, a cat, and a pond full of fish.

I grew up in Georgia and went to college in North Carolina where I earned a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education.  My first teaching position was at a private school.  I took a few years off to stay home with my little ones and concurrently worked on Ohio’s PreK-3 licensure and a Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction through Cleveland State University, and later an Educational Specialist degree in Administration.

I became a Cardinal in 2000.  Over the years I’ve taken additional coursework at Lake Erie College that lead to a K-12 Reading Endorsement and a Mild/Moderate Intervention Specialist license.  I’ve primarily been in first grade, but have also taught kindergarten, second grade, and worked as a literacy specialist.  First grade is my true love… there’s nothing better than helping a child become a fluent reader!  I look forward to learning more about your child and family this year and partnering with you to help them reach their potential!