About Mrs. Melkerson

Hello!  I’m Mrs. Melkerson.  I live in Novelty with my husband and family.  I have a daughter named Micaela, a son named Trey, four bonus-sons (Ryan, Kevin, Brendon, & Preston), and a bonus-daughter (Ashley, not pictured).  I need an updated picture!  We also have two Aussiedoodle dogs, a cat, and a pond full of fish.

I began teaching in Mentor in 2000.  I’ve primarily been in first grade, but have also taught kindergarten, second grade, and worked as a literacy specialist.  First grade is my true love… there’s nothing better than helping a child become a fluent reader!  My bachelor’s degree is in Christian Education and I worked in a private school before becoming a Cardinal!  I earned a Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction and an Education Specialist degree in Administration at Cleveland State University.  In addition to a PK-3 teaching license, I also have a Mild/Moderate Intervention Specialist license and a K-12 Reading Endorsement.  I look forward to learning more about your child and family this year and partnering with you to help them reach their potential!